The DowntownDC BID and creative event production group Shaolin Jazz are once again partnering to bring seven outdoor movies to Franklin Park this summer. During each screening, DJ 2-Tone Jones will live score each film with a mix of hip-hop, jazz, and more to create a unique summertime experience in D.C.
DowntownDC Summer Flicks – CAN I KICK IT? will begin June 1 and run every Thursday evening through July 13. Seating starts at 7:30 p.m., when guests can enjoy music by an impressive lineup of special guest DJs. Each movie will begin at sunset. Attendees can enjoy free swag items while supplies last and discounts from nearby Pow Pow.
DowntownDC Summer Flicks – 2023 CAN I KICK IT? Movie Schedule
*Family nights when guests can enjoy additional child-focused activities.
- June 1: Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (PG-13) | Guest DJ: DJ Biggs
- June 8: Mission: Impossible (PG-13) | Guest DJ: Donwill
- June 15: | Guest DJ: Bo
- June 22: The Hunger Games (PG-13)* | Guest DJ: Miss H.E.R.
- June 29: Everything Everywhere All at Once (R) | Guest DJ: DJ B-Sharp
- July 6: Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (PG-13)* | Guest DJ: DJ Oso Fresh
- July 13: Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (PG-13) | Guest DJ: P.U.D.G.E
Bring blankets and chairs and visit surrounding establishments to grab dinner to go and enjoy during the movie. Plant-based fast-casual eatery Pow Pow (1250 I Street; open until 9:00 p.m.) will offer a special discount on movie nights: use the code “canikickit” to receive 20% off your order.
Other quick-service establishments within a three-block radius of Franklin Park include:
- Arepa Zone (1121 14th Street; 9:00 p.m.)
- Bozelli’s (1025 Vermont Avenue; 9:00 p.m.)
- Chipotle (1010 Vermont Avenue; 10:00 p.m.)
- Domino’s Pizza (1300 L Street; midnight)
- Five Guys (1400 I Street; 10:00 p.m.)
- Grill Kabob (1400 K Street NW, 11:00 p.m.)
- Jimmy John’s (1101 14th Street; 9:00 p.m.)
- Joe & the Juice (1500 K Street; 8:00 p.m.)
- Peach Cobbler Factory (1010 Massachusetts Avenue, 11th Street side; 10:00 p.m.)
- Potbelly (1050 K Street; 7:00 p.m.)
- Sakina Halal Grill (1108 K Street; 9:00 pm.)
- Subway (1444 I Street; 7:00 p.m.; 1015 15th Street; 9:00 p.m.)