Healthcare workers around the globe are working around the clock to save lives during the COVID-19 pandemic. In observance of National Nurses Week, National Hospital Week and EMS Week, the BID would like to thank all healthcare workers in the Washington region who are on the front lines. Here are simple ways you can show your gratitude for healthcare workers this month.
- Donate to a Healthcare Foundation
- District of Columbia Nurses Association – Through the Needy Nurses Fund they help members save their homes, provide food for their families, pay bills and assist registered nurses with other basic needs that otherwise would not have been met.
- The HSC Healthcare Foundation – Every donation received at the HSC HealthCare System is going towards enriching the lives of not only the hundreds of patients they treat but the nurses who make their recovery and treatment possible.
- Stoddard Baptist Foundation – Helps fund the nurses and healthcare professionals that work to keep others healthy and safe.
- Send a Gift – Here are cool gift options you can personalize. Nordstrom Rack’s online store is also open with great options.
- Drop-off lunch for EMS workers – We have two fire stations in DowntownDC at: 1018 13th St. NW & 500 F St. NW. Get takeout/delivery from a DowntownDC restaurant.
- Send an E-card – It’s the little things that matter! Share your love and gratitude through a Hallmark card.