John Marshall Memorial Park is located between the Canadian Embassy and the United States District Court for the District of Columbia on Pennsylvania Avenue. The park is named for John Marshall, who served as the fourth Chief Justice of the United States from 1801 to 1835.
A bronze statue honoring John Marshall faces Pennsylvania Avenue. The statue is a casting of William Wetmore Story’s original, which stands in the Supreme Court and was dedicated in 1884.
The John Marshall Memorial Park Foundation is working to renovate the park and install interpretive elements honoring the Chief Justice. More information can be found at this website.