By Alexis Neely
The 2018 FIFA World Cup games are here!
Several restaurants and bars in DowntownDC are opening their doors for fans from all over to cheer on their favorite teams as they contest for the international football championship from now until the Final on Sunday, July 15.
Check out our list of screening venues where you can get a kick out of all the action (and some drink specials):
- Elephant & Castle (1201 Pennsylvania Avenue NW) Bud buckets on special all month and $5 Truffle Parm Crisps during games.
- The St. Regis Bar (923 16th Street NW) Will transform into the Astor World Cup Lounge for the duration of the games. Breakfast, lunch and beer specials inspired by cuisines from the different participating countries.
- Sofitel Washington DC Lafayette Square (806 15th Street NW)
- Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar (801 9th Street NW) Poland v. Colombia on Sunday, June 24th at 2 pm. Spain v. Morocco on Monday, June 25th at 2 pm. Nigeria v. Argentina on Tuesday June 26th at 2 pm. Happy hour drink specials during games.
- Penn Social (801 E Street NW) $4 Peroni during every game.
- Irish Channel Restaurant & Pub (500 H Street NW)
- Hooters (825 7th Street NW)
- Fado Irish Pub and Restaurant (808 7th Street NW) Open for all matches. Winner/score prediction contest for each match. $25 5 beer buckets. $4 mimosas/Red Bulls. $8 Bloody Mary.
- Mackey’s (1306 G Street NW) Opening at 10 am for games.
Know of a venue in DowntownDC to add to the list? Email email@example.com.