There is no doubt that the COVID-19 pandemic has taken a toll on various elements of our daily lives, but as we are adjusting to our “new normal” we want to share with you ways you can stay active and stay engaged with the DowntownDC community during this time of self-isolation. Fitness studios and museums may be closed and other social events may be canceled, but there are still many ways to stay active both mentally and physically while at home. Many DowntownDC businesses are hosting their own virtual fitness classes, cooking courses, art tutorials and so much more. We’ve curated an inclusive list of virtual activities taking place across DowntownDC below.
Virtual Fitness: Get up off that couch and get moving!
- Live with #FITDC: Follow @myFITDC on Twitter and tune in for daily, at home workouts perfect for children, seniors, and everyone in between!
- “Keep Up Your Practice” with CorePower Yoga: Click here to access CorePower Yoga’s free, on demand channel.
- Live with BYNDfit: Follow @byndfit head coaches @JordanCiminelli & @KaitlynDinneh on Instagram for IG Live workouts.
Virtual Tourism: See the world around you, no plane ticket necessary.
- Smithsonian’s National Portrait Gallery: Click here to view online exhibitions, photography collections, and museum views.
- WONDER at the Renwick Gallery: Click here to experience the Wonder 360 exhibition at the Renwick Gallery straight from your smartphone.
- Smithsonian’s National Museum of Natural History: Click here for virtual tours of past, current, and permanent exhibits.
- #BloomCamLive: Click here to see the blooming cherry trees on the National Mall, presented by Trust for the National Mall, the National Park Service and The National Cherry Blossom Festival.
- #STEAMWork Story Time with the National Children’s Museum: Kid-friendly segments about everything from science exploration to building and design hosted daily at 2:30PM on Facebook.