If not, then we have some exciting news for you: The DowntownDC BID is offering TWO D.C. RESIDENTS (21+) an opportunity to attend the Something in the Water music festival (June 17–19) FOR FREE while staying in, and enjoying, the District’s downtown, thanks to the generosity of our partners: YOTEL Washington D.C., Macy’s, and Immigrant Food. It’s the SOMETHING IN DOWNTOWNDC giveaway!
Create an Instagram post that uses SIX WORDS to describe a favorite memory, building, or location in DowntownDC (map), complete with a photograph of that place. Only one entry post per person (multiple photos are permitted). Entry posts must tag @DowntownDCBID and include the hashtags #SomethingInDTDC and #SixWordStory. DEADLINE FOR ENTRY: 12:00 PM, SUNDAY, JUNE 12. Complete contest rules listed at the bottom of this page.
- Monday, June 6, 12:00 PM: contest launches
- Sunday, June 12, 12:00 PM: contest closes
- Monday, June 13: winner announced
- two 3-day passes to the Something in the Water festival
- two-night stay at YOTEL Washington D.C., including a complimentary meal for two at Art and Soul (415 New Jersey Ave. NW)
- two $100 gift cards for Macy’s (1201 G St. NW)
- two $50 gift cards for Immigrant Food (925 13th St. NW)
- two festival survival kits: lightweight cinch sacks that will include sunglasses, a water bottle, and more!
- DowntownDC will coordinate with the winner to pick up the festival passes, survival kits, and gift cards at the BID office by Thursday, June 16, and will connect the winner with Yotel Washington D.C. to arrange the weekend stay.
The Request for the Winner
- 2 IG posts each day from the music festival; must tag @downtowndcbid
- 1 post for every contest partner business; must tag the business: @yotelwashingtondc; @macysmetrocentrertw_ia; @immigrantfood
- all posts must use the #SomethingInDTDC hashtag
The Complete Contest Rules
- The winner must reside in Washington, D.C.; proof of residency will be required upon being selected as the winner.
- The winner and their fellow festival-goer must be at least 21 years old.
- Only one entry per person, although submissions may contain more than one photograph.
- Submitted photographs must be taken within the boundaries of the DowntownDC BID.
- Participants must be the copyright holders of any photos submitted.
- Submitted photos must be taken during the contest week and posted to lnstagram by 12:00 PM on Sunday, June 12. No old or throwback photos allowed.
- Instagram post must include the hashtags #SomethingInDTDC and #SixWordStory and tag @downtowndcbid.
- Prize drawing will occur on Monday, June 13. The winner will be chosen by DowntownDC BID staff based on a combination of photo composition and the #SixWordStory.
- Employees and board members of the DowntownDC Business Improvement District and the DowntownDC Foundation, and their partners and families, are not eligible for this contest.