The National Cherry Blossom Festival is in full swing and DowntownDC is in bloom.
There are still 10 days and two weekends to “get pinked” and take part in many of this year’s favorite festival events. The 2018 festival runs through April 15.
On Saturday, April 14, the festival will feature its biggest signature event, the National Cherry Blossom Festival Parade® presented by Events DC. The parade kicks off at 10 a.m. along Constitution Avenue and runs from 7th to 17th streets, from the National Archives to the Washington Monument.
Each year, the parade features colorful unique floats, giant helium balloons, marching bands and celebrity performers and dancers. This year, the parade will once again include the DowntownDC Business Improvement District’s (BID) Safety/Hospitality and Maintenance (SAM) ambassadors along with a Sam I Am Dr. Seuss helium balloon. The televised broadcast of the parade will air nationally on ABC 7 and locally on NewsChannel 8.
Following the parade, visit the nearby Sakura Matsuri-Japanese Street Festival in DowntownDC on Pennsylvania Avenue from 3rd to 7th Street. This outdoor festival is the largest one-day celebration of Japanese culture in the U.S. and will feature more than 80 cultural groups, arts vendors and food booths.
Below, you will find a few festival events happening in our own backyard:
- Cherry Blossom Yoga: April 5 at Freedom Plaza
- The Willard Rosé Romp: April 7 at The Willard Hotel
- Gallery Spotlight: Natural Women: April 8 at the National Museum of Women in the Arts
- Newseum Nights in Bloom: April 13 at the Newseum
- The National Cherry Blossom Festival Parade® presented by Events DC: April 14 on Constitution Avenue
- Sakura Matsuri Japanese Street Festival presented by The Japan-America Society of Washington DC: April 14 on Pennsylvania Avenue
Plan your route to Festival events and those blossoms we all love with the help of goDCgo. Navigate your trip with ease using goDCgo’s Guide to the Blossoms.
DowntownDC is the place to be this spring for the nation’s greatest springtime celebration and So Much More.
The DowntownDC BID is a proud, long-standing sponsor of the festival.
For complete and updated information on National Cherry Blossom events happening across the city, visit: http://www.nationalcherryblossomfestival.org/category/events.