As of December 7, 2020, the Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR) has updated its website, MyTax.DC.gov, to include more customer-friendly tax services. The enhanced site allows users to manage all accounts online for real property, individual income and business taxes.
What does this new system mean for you?
DC businesses can track and pay taxes and, in many cases, eliminate the need for paper filing. The site gives users the option to pay property tax bills, manage accounts and access customer service while safeguarding against fraud.
How will this affect your BID tax payment?
- You will receive one unified bill for all your Real Property Tax, including Penalties and Interest, BID Tax and Public Space Tax.
- Any payments made will first be allocated by OTR to satisfy Real Property Taxes, Penalties and Interest due before any allocation is made to satisfy BID Taxes due.
- Any prepayment of BID Taxes will be either allocated by OTR to satisfy any outstanding Property Taxes, Penalties and/or Interest or used as pre-payment of Real Property Taxes.
- Unlike in prior years, only property owners will be able to request address or contact information changes. The DowntownDC BID will not be able to make those requests on your behalf.
- For general questions on BID Tax liability, Penalties or Interest, contact email@example.com.
What actions do you need to take now?
- Register an account at MyTax.DC.gov.
- Verify your address and contact information.
- Contact your Mortgage Lender and Title company and inform them of the new system.
- If you paid your second half FY2021 BID taxes in advance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to register with My Tax DC:
If you do not have an account, please set one up at MyTax.DC.gov
You will need:
- The “Notice Number” listed on a letter received from the Office of Tax and Revenue.
- The most recent return or payment information, depending on the tax account type.
Wells Fargo no longer accepts real property tax payments.
Please make payments at MyTax.DC.gov or mail via US Postal Service to the following address:
Government of the District of Columbia
Office of Tax and Revenue
Real Property Tax Administration
PO Box 98095
Washington, DC 20090-8095
Additional questions may be routed to the OTR Customer Service Center at (202) 727- 4TAX (4829).
For assistance with http://MyTax.DC.gov and/or account-related questions, please contact OTR’s e-Services Unit at (202) 759-1946 or email email@example.com, 8:15 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Download a summary document of this program update and its benefits here.