Jazz & Blossoms will take over Franklin Park for a park jam Saturday, April 8. This free, outdoor event will celebrate the beauty and nature in the city with a musical backdrop, observing the National Cherry Blossom Festival and featuring Grammy-nominated vocalist, songwriter, and producer Bilal.
Additional performances include Daylight DC featuring DJ Divine & Big Tone All Day, Imani-Grace & Her Big Black Band, Ayo, and DJ John Murph.
Attendees will experience:
- Live music and DJs
- Spring-inspired mocktail bar with Immigrant Food and sponsored by Betty Buzz
- Graffiti mural walls featuring art from Jamila Okubo and Mia Duvall
- Free swag giveaways with proof of event registration (while supplies last)
- Lawn games
- Food trucks and vendors
- Activities for the whole family
- Rajio taiso (Japanese exercise) Globalize DC
- Haiku writing
- Swing dance workshops with New Columbia Swing
- Spring/pink/floral lawn fashions and programming with Holly Bass
- Face painting
- Flower balloons
Jazz & Blossoms — a premier event of the National Cherry Blossom Festival — is produced by Words Beats & Life in collaboration with the DowntownDC BID. This event expects to welcome more than 1,000 people and serves as a bookend to the Words Beats & Life Festival, taking place Tuesday, April 4, through Sunday, April 9.
This is event is rain or shine. Stay up to date by following Words Beats & Life and the DowntownDC BID.