Make the most of your summer with the DowntownDC Business Improvement District (BID)’s summer event series. Watch a Marvel movie on the Freedom Plaza, enjoy live entertainment in Franklin Park or embrace your inner child at the Chinatown Park Block Parties.
DowntownDC Summer Flicks Presents: Can I Kick It?
Tuesdays, 7:30pm, June 4 – July 9
Summer Flicks returns for season three! Watch your favorite Marvel movie as Freedom Plaza (13th & Pennsylvania) transforms into an outdoor movie theater with movies mixed with a live music scored by DJ 2-Tone Jones.
Come early to snag a seat, listen to a live DJ set, play outdoor games or win DowntownDC swag. Complimentary popcorn provided by Pret a Manger, or cold treats will be available.
Tuesday, June 4: Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (PG)
Tuesday, June 11: Black Panther (PG-13)
Tuesday, June 18: Deadpool (R)
Tuesday, June 25: Thor: Ragnarok (PG-13)
Tuesday, July 2: Avengers: Infinity War (PG-13)
Tuesday, July 9: Captain Marvel (PG-13)
Thursdays, 12:30-1:30pm, June 6 – July 25
Make the most of your lunch break at DowntownDC Live, a free entertainment series brought to you by the DowntownDC BID. Head to Franklin Park to enjoy live performances by local and international pop, soul and jazz artists. Play lawn games, relax in fun inflatables; or enjoy lunch from near-by food trucks on complimentary picnic blankets.
DowntownDC Live is produced in partnership with the National Park Service and the DC Department of Parks.
Thursday, June 6: Mars Arts DC presents Cissa Paz Band featuring JP Silva (Afro-Brazilian Soul)
Thursday, June 13: DC Jazz Festival presents Dante Pope After Five Experience
Thursday, June 20: The Social Power of Music presented by the Smithsonian Folklife Festival – TK Echo (Original Post Punk from DC)
Thursday, June 27: The Social Power of Music presented by the Smithsonian Folklife Festival
Thursday, July 11: DowntownDC BID TBD
Thursday, July 18: Capital Fringe presents Granny & the Boys (Funk Fusion) Curated by Jim Thomson
Thursday, July 25 – Capital Fringe presents Twin Jude & Bushmeat (Experimental) Curated by Luke Stewart
Discover Chinatown Parks at 5th and Mass
All Summer Long
A summer long event series with free Friday night block parties, concerts, movie nights, tai-chi, a FRESHFARM market, children’s story hour and more, all provided through a unique partnership between the DowntownDC BID, the Mount Vernon Triangle Community Improvement District (MVT CID) and the Mayor’s Office on Asian and Pacific Islander Affairs (MOAPIA).
- FITNESS SESSIONS IN THE PARK – Mondays, June 3, 10, 17 and 24 from 6:30-7:30pm get your blood flowing with a nighttime workout led by Orange Theory Fitness (HIIT Workout) or Jordin’s Paradise (Doonya)
- CHILDREN’S STORY HOUR WITH DC PUBLIC LIBRARY – Tuesdays, June 4-July 30 from 10:30-11:30am. Join the DowntownDC BID and DC Public Library for for a free, interactive story hour in Chinatown Park. Recommended for ages 5 and under.
- TUNES IN THE TRIANGLE – Thursdays, May 30, June 13 and 27 and Sept. 5 from 6-8pm relax in Milian Park with live music. Special performance to be held on Tuesday, August 6 in conjunction with National Night Out.
- CHINATOWN PARK BLOCK PARTY – Fridays, July 12 – August 16 from 5-8pm, kickoff the weekend with a family-friendly block party complete with double dutch, live performances, lawn games, graffiti art and more! Programming provided by Words, Beats & Life.
- CHINATOWN PARK MOVIE NIGHTS – Friday, August 23, 30 and September 6 and 13 from 7-10pm enjoy movies with your family and friends as Chinatown Park transforms into an outdoor theatre. Films include: Swing Kids, Crazy Rich Asians and Monkey King 3.
- MOAPIA HOSTS MORNING TAI CHI CLASSES – Saturdays, June 1, 8, 22 and 29 from 10-11am relax your spirits with the traditional Chinese martial art of Tai Chi, widely recognized its many health and wellness benefits.
- MOAPIA CHINATOWN COMMUNITY FESTIVAL – Saturday, June 15, from 11am – 2pm experience the tastes, sounds and sights of Asian & Pacific Islander cultures with live performances, face painting, food samples and fitness demonstrations.
- FRESHFARM MOUNT VERNON TRIANGLE MARKET – Saturdays, May 4 to November 16 from 9am-1pm shop for certified organic produce, orchard fruit, grass-fed meats, pastured eggs, jams, ciders, baked goods, flowers and more.
Follow @DowntownDCBID for inclement of weather updates.