In an effort to help make homelessness rare, brief and nonrecurring in DowntownDC, the DowntownDC Business Improvement District (BID) assembles a team of volunteers to conduct a point-in-time count on a pre-determined Thursday of each month and we need your help!
This month, we will be heading out on Thursday, November 21 at 4:00am to survey how many individuals are sleeping on the streets of our 138-block area- an exercise conducted city-wide each year. We hope you will be able to join us for this important task, which enables the BID to better support individuals to move into permanent supportive housing.
Here is a rundown of how it works:
- We gather a little before 4:00am to head out for the count. The count starts promptly at 4:00am.
- We meet at 1229 New York Avenue NW (next to the McDonald’s).
- Each person is assigned to a zone and heads out in a team of at least 2 and then comes back to 1229 New York Avenue NW to return their count sheet. Anyone new to the count will be paired with an experienced participant.
- It will take about 90 minutes or less if we get lots of volunteers.
- No particular skills are necessary.
- There will be snacks and door prizes!
Please RSVP if you are able to volunteer.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Gerren Price at email@example.com.