The DowntownDC Summer Flicks – CAN I KICK IT? movie series is back for its fourth season!
The DowntownDC BID and Shaolin Jazz are bringing this year’s outdoor cinematic experience to the recently reopened National Building Museum West Lawn and will be accompanied by a social distancing lawn design created by Lisa Marie Thalhammer. The series kicks off Tuesday, May 25, 2021 and will run every Tuesday through August 10.
The theme is The Future and weekly screenings will travel through time and space for a lineup that includes:
7:30pm: Pre-movie seating and music by DJ 2-Tone Jones
Sunset: Movies begin
- May 25 – Star Trek (2009) PG-13
- June 1 – Ready Player One (2018) PG-13
- (Raincheck) June 8 – Aliens (1986) R
- June 15 – Tenet (2020) PG-13
- (Raincheck) June 22 – Starship Troopers (1997) R
- June 29 – Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018) PG-13
- July 6 – Minority Report (2002) PG-13
- July 13 – Tron: Legacy (2010) PG
- July 20 – I-Robot (2004) PG-13
- July 27 – Mad Max: Fury Road (2015) R
- August 3 – Aliens (1986) R
- August 10 – Starship Troopers (1997) R
Each film will be scored with an original music soundtrack of hip-hop, soul, and more mixed by weekly guest DJs, including Shaolin Jazz’s own DJ 2-Tone Jones.
R-rated movies may contain violence, grisly images, language, some nudity, and sexuality.
Things to consider and recommendations
- The DowntownDC Summer Flicks – CAN I KICK IT? movie series is intended for all ages.
- Fun swinging tables will be provided by the BID at each screening for viewers to enjoy while dining and watching movies.
- Attendees are encouraged to bring their own blankets.
- Mobility devices and/or chairs of any other kind (folding chairs/ inflatable seating/ outdoor furniture, etc) are only permitted for wheelchair users and/or individuals with limited mobility.
- Only service pets/animals are permitted.
- If you require special accommodations please contact Remi Wallace at firstname.lastname@example.org 72 hours before the scheduled event.
- Alcohol is not allowed.
- Masks are required.
The DowntownDC BID is partnering with local restaurants like HipCityVeg in Chinatown, Carving Room Kitchen & Bar on Massachusetts Avenue NW, and Bantam King and BIBIBOP adjacent to the National Building Museum to offer moviegoers special offers for weekly showings. Check out their deals below:
Attendees can order HCV’s Make it a Meal Deal, which adds fries and a drink to any entrée for significant savings.
Click here to order.
Carving Room Kitchen & Bar
Attendees can enjoy Carving Room’s delicious Wing Lab offerings, which features double-fried wings tossed or served over their signature sauces and hand-cut fries.
Click here to order.
Attendees can enjoy 10% off all online orders with code SUMMERFLICKS. Orders must be for pick up or delivery. Click here to order or use the BIBIBOP app.
Attendees can enjoy all non-ramen items (fried chicken, added sides, and desserts) at a 10% discount using code SUMMERFLIX10. Click here to order.
- Shaolin Jazz
- National Building Museum