Hop on your single-speed, road, hybrid, electric, or whatever kind of bike you like for Bike to Work Day!
The DowntownDC BID has had the privilege of being the largest pit stop in D.C. for this annual event, and this year when you roll up to Franklin Park, you’ll find:
- Pastries from PAUL French Bakery & Cafe
- Coffee from Dua DC Coffee
- A DJ
- The 2023 Bike to Work Day T-shirt (with registration)
- An interactive 3D chalk design by Chalk R!ot
- Special remarks by Mayor Muriel Bowser
We’ll also have exhibitors to learn about, including:
- Planet Word
- The Washington Area Bicyclist Association
- Capital Bikeshare
- City Dental DC
- All the scooter and bike vendors in D.C.
The League of American Bicyclists began Bike to Work Day as part of Bike Month in 1956. Over the years, the event has grown into a widespread celebration where countless bicyclists take to the streets in a nationwide effort to get commuters to try bicycling to work as a healthy and safe alternative to driving.
Want to be part of the exhibits? You can still sign up.
If you’d like to do more than roll through this pit stop, sign up to volunteer today. You’ll have the opportunity to pass out shirts to registered attendees and manage hospitality stations.
Note: Please dismount from your bike once you arrive at the park. Bike riding (or scootering, rollerskating, etc.) are not allowed on the park grounds.