Who We Are:
DowntownDC BID is a private non-profit organization that provides capital improvements, resources and research that keep the BID area clean, safe, economically, and environmentally strong and accessible. The DowntownDC BID is a catalyst, facilitator and thought leader in diversifying the economy, promoting public/private partnerships, and enhancing the DowntownDC experience for all. This special district, where property owners have agreed to tax themselves to fund services, encompasses a 138-block area of approximately 520 properties from Massachusetts Avenue on the north to Constitution Avenue on the south, and from Louisiana Avenue on the east to 16th Street on the west.
DowntownDC BID is looking for a Part-Time Vermont Franklin Park Hospitality Ambassadors who will welcome Vermont Avenue & Franklin Park visitors, provide guests with services and relevant information, and assist with planning, set-up, execution, and break-down/clean-up of events and program material. They will also serve as “eyes and ears” to help keep Vermont Avenue safe, report any suspicious activity, and record any defects or hazards within the park. The Hospitality Ambassador role is highly visible to the public. The right candidate will positively represent the DowntownDC BID on a consistent basis and go the extra mile to make our stakeholders feel welcome and safe when visiting Vermont Avenue, NW. Hospitality Ambassadors must also be comfortable learning and interacting with the Homeless Community.
This position is considered part-time (Minimum of 10 hours/day – Saturday and Sunday Only; Projected Work Hours 8am-6pm). Occasional weekday work could be available as needed. This position reports directly to the Park Manager. This position is considered non-exempt.
- The duties/responsibilities of the Part-Time Vermont Franklin Park Hospitality Ambassadors shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Manage and Set Up BID Outreach Booths for distribution of homeless client and park visitor resources.
- Assist Community Providers and Partners with unloading and set up of Outreach Booths.
- Set the stage for attendees to have a great experience! (Ambassadors must strive to be an engaging and welcoming presence and work to create a genuine, informative, and personalized guest experience).
- Track public space usage throughout the day and provide daily attendance counts to the management team upon request.
- Provide exceptional customer service in a courteous and professional manner to all visitors and stakeholders.
- Provide on-site support with planning, set-up, execution, and break down/clean-up of all events. Support could also include setting up and breaking down spaces including, but not limited to, setting out and folding up tables and chairs, folding table clothes, collecting and storing supplies and equipment, and assisting with general maintenance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High level of organizational skills
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills. Previous event/customer service experience strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of procedures and guidelines for emergency situations.
- Proficient in English (oral and written). Fluent in Spanish is a plus.
- Outstanding organizational and multitasking abilities.
- Ability to think and act in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have the ability to stand and walk, frequently.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
How to Apply:
To apply please email a copy of your resume and cover letter detailing your relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please send documents in PDF format.
- The email subject line should say: “Part-Time Vermont Franklin Park Hospitality Ambassador Candidate– FirstName LastName”. – For example: “Part-Time Vermont Franklin Park Hospitality Ambassador Candidate – John Doe”
Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity:
As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, DowntownDC BID is committed to excellence through diversity; DowntownDC BID recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. Please note that all new DowntownDC BID employees must have permission to work in the U.S.; therefore, employment eligibility verification is required.