Who We Are
The DowntownDC Business Improvement District (BID) is a private nonprofit organization that provides capital improvements, resources, and research that keep the BID area clean, safe, economically, and environmentally strong and accessible. The DowntownDC BID is a catalyst, facilitator, and thought leader in diversifying the economy, promoting public/private partnerships, and enhancing the DowntownDC experience for all. This special district, where property owners have agreed to tax themselves to fund services, encompasses a 138-block area of approximately 520 properties from Massachusetts Avenue on the north to Constitution Avenue on the south, and from Louisiana Avenue on the east to 16th Street on the west.
The DowntownDC BID is looking for a Full-Time and experienced IT Manager to support in overseeing the daily operations. Under the direction of the Director of Administration, this candidate will provide administrative, clerical and organizational task support to advance all program initiatives of the BID.
The ideal candidate will have strong communication and organizational skills and, good knowledge of server, network, virtualization and software deployment technologies, monitor daily IT operations; provide management-level resolution of complex or sensitive issues.
The goal is to assist the DowntownDC Business Improvement District (BID) in Server infrastructure management, performance monitoring, Operating System upgrades and troubleshooting.
The BID has a Windows Server environment with Windows and Mac desktops, Android and iOS mobile devices, and a wide variety of cloud software including Microsoft 365 and Salesforce.
- Provide daily technology support to our Public Space Operations Department, Corporate office, and Downtown Day Services Center at 3 locations and in the field in downtown DC.
- Establish the necessary procedures for the IT Department to support the organization, such as onboarding, security, updates, and patches, and change management.
- Set standards for hardware, software and services, such as the basic configuration for a new user’s computer.
- Execute and extend the BID comprehensive IT strategy, including creation of project plans, equipment and cost estimates for short- medium- and long-term application.
- Develop and maintain the BID IT infrastructure as well as its mobile communication infrastructure.
- Ensure all technology systems and hardware are up to date.
- Develop, maintain, and implement information technology policies, guidelines and best practices.
- Write strategic annual plans and budgets based on assessed needs and strategic plans.
- Ensure information security within all IT and mobile communications related activities.
- Provide computer hardware training, support and troubleshooting, including PC and Mac operating systems to staff as needed.
- Provide, coordinate and scheduled training for all staff in the use of technology, either create the training materials or work with training consultants.
- Supervise network administration, backup and security protocols and establish a business continuity/disaster recovery strategy for all applications and data.
- Use computer word processing, spreadsheet, and database software to prepare reports, memos, and documents; serve as primary data entry person on salesforce; use salesforce to generate reports and lists as requested.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- A passion for technology and improving organizational systems
- Bachelor’s degree, and/or relevant experience with information systems, computer science, geographic information systems or other related field required; relevant work experience may be partially substituted for education.
- Five-plus years of information technology work experience.
- The ability to effectively lead, manage and supervise an information systems staff.
- A strong systems orientation, with a track record of improving and enhancing existing technologies, developing new solutions, and maintaining an awareness of and willingness to use new and emerging platforms.
- Understanding of current regulations affecting IT operations, such as privacy, security and data protection regulations, and application of best practices to remain compliant.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft client and server software, network technology (WAN, LAN, WLAN, VPN), cloud-based services such as Salesforce and Office 365, PC and Mac desktop and laptop computers, Android and iOS mobile operating systems.
- Effective time management skills with the ability to manage multiple deadlines simultaneously.
- Requires computer proficiency, including capabilities in geographic information systems software (ESRI ArcGIS 10) and network technology (WAN, LAN, WLAN, VPN), cloud-based services such as Salesforce and Office 365, PC and Mac desktop and laptop computers, Android and iOS mobile operating systems, and audio/video conferencing services.
- Have good working knowledge of Microsoft products, wireless devices, hardware repair techniques and networking concepts.
- Ability to conduct research into PC issues and products as required.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
How to apply
To apply, please email a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “IT Manager.”
BID Employment Conditions
DowntownDC BID employees must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by the date of the hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination is required. Employment offers are conditional upon successful references, criminal background check and screening for illegal substances.
Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity
As an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer, DowntownDC is committed to excellence through diversity; DowntownDC BID recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran statuses, and other protected status as required by applicable law. Please note that all new DowntownDC BID employees must have permission to work in the U.S.; therefore, employment eligibility verification is required.