The purpose of this position is to provide high-level support to the Executive Director, Senior Advisor and other department heads in achieving the organization’s programmatic goals.
- Coordinate executive communications, including taking calls responding to emails and interfacing with clients.
- Scheduling meetings and appointments as well as, manage travel itineraries for the President/CEO.
- Assist with arranging corporate events to take place outside of the workplace, such as golf tournaments and staff appreciation events.
- Assist in the preparation and coordination of executive committee and board meetings including compiling materials, preparation of presentation materials and greeting guest speakers. Prepare minutes of meetings.
- Monitor and respond to communications from key constituents, and coordinate follow-up.
- Track and coordinate project-based work among staff from multiple departments with priority given to the CEO
- Uphold a strict level of confidentiality.
- In collaboration with IT staff and consultants, assist in the creation of programmatic SharePoint site for more effective collection, storage and retrieval of documents related to key projects.
- Other project support as requested and assigned
This position reports to the Executive Director and Department heads as appropriate.
- Exercises high level of tact and discretion in communicating with internal and external contacts at all levels; routinely handles sensitive information.
- Must exercise the highest level of professionalism and keep information confidential.
- Does not obligate or expend funds except as directed by the President or with prior approval
- Carries out directives and exercises judgement in prioritizing and responding to needs, with moderate supervision.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Strong written and verbal skills required to present information clearly and persuasively to a variety of audiences.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate the ability to gather and distill information, conduct research, collect data, and monitor information changes
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good judgment and decision-making ability
- Strong initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision
- High level of tact, discretion, and professionalism, to maintain confidentiality, handle sensitive materials, and interact with officials and executives internally and externally
- Flexibility and adaptability to adjust to quickly changing priorities and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Familiarity with, and passion for, Downtown DC a plus.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Parker Roach, HR Manager at email@example.com.
The Downtown Business Improvement District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.