The purpose of this position is to manage the DowntownDC Business Improvement District’s (BID) comprehensive homeless services strategy, with the primary goals being to support individuals experiencing homelessness through the Downtown Day Services Center and other efforts and to decrease the rate of homelessness in DowntownDC by connecting indivuals to permanent supportive housing of improving lives and reducing the number of homeless persons residing and/or camping in the public spaces of Downtown DC.
- Responsible for the overall supervision, coordination, and operation of Shelter and Drop-in services.
- In conjunction with Executive Director and program staff, develop and oversee program monitoring and quality assurance mechanisms to ensure strong service delivery, quality documentation, and progress towards performance milestones and outcomes.
- The Director of Homeless Services will ensure that administrative and service policies and procedures of all programs reflect best practice service models as well as meet the requirements of any contract funders.
- Ensure accurate, timely data collection and reporting for funding purposes and for program evaluation and improvement.
- The Director of Homeless Services will be responsible for maintaining official records and documents and ensures the organization complies with federal, state and local laws.
- The Director of Homeless Services should keep updated on new trends and industry information and oversees the recruitment of other employees and volunteers.
- To develop, analyze and report on relevant data on the homeless population within the Downtown BID area.
- Manage monthly homeless point in time counts, develop, analyze, and report on relevant data in the DowntownDC BID area.
- Manage the Downtown BID’s contract with Pathways to Housing DC to:
- Provide SPDAT (Service Prioritization Decision Assistance Tool) evaluations of all daytime and nighttime homeless persons within the Downtown BID area.
- Enable the provision of direct services to homeless persons in the DowntownDC BID area in need of and ready to receive such services, e.g., showers, meals, identification, medical services, mental health services, housing.
- To collaborate with the Public Space Operations Department in the reformation and effective deployment of the HOST (Homeless Outreach Services Team) team of Downtown SAMs.
- To identify and apply for grant funding to support homeless services initiatives.
- To plan and coordinate special activities and homeless outreach events.
- To deliver informational presentations about Downtown homeless issues.
- To identify and document trends, recommendations, and successes of the homeless services program efforts.
- To maintain a broad database of crisis counseling and community resources.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Director of Homeless Services reports to the Executive Director.
- Communicates with management staff, guest and clients using a high degree of tact, professionalism and discretion.
- Carries out directives and established polices, and completes assignments, with moderate supervision.
- Organizes daily work within parameters set by the Director of Public Space Management.
- Prepare and deliver budget analysis and recommendations on a quarterly basis.
- Manage contracts with suppliers, vendors and District of Columbia Department of Human Services as required.
- Manage and oversea staff assigned duties.
- Must have project management experience in human services, community development, housing, homelessness, municipal programs or related field.
- Experience in administration of human services, community development or other non-profit programs is desirable.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prepare and deliver reports and communicate with partners and stakeholders at all levels.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office 2010, including Word, Outlook, and Excel required.
- Ability to work well in a team as well as independently.
- As a salaried, exempt employee, must be available for some weekend and occasional overnight work, outside regular business hours.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in relevant field, including social sciences, public policy or administration, public/business management or project management.
- Minimum seven years professional experience.
- Advanced degree may be partially substituted for experience.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to HR Manager Parker Roach at email@example.com.
The DowntownDC BID offers competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a convenient location near the Metro Center and McPherson Square Metrorail stations.
The Downtown Business Improvement District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M / F/ / V /