L’Alliance Française de Washington, D.C. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, non-governmental organization that is not subsidized by the French government. It is an educational, cultural association headed by a Franco-American Board of directors.
The AFDC is the leading center in the Washington, D.C. metro area for French language services and francophone resources. The goal of the Alliance is to challenge and enrich the lives of the D.C. community by offering the chance to connect with people of different backgrounds and cultures in order to better understand and appreciate the greater global community.
- French language courses for adults, children, and corporate and federal employees looking to support the desire or need for language study
- The only testing center in the Mid-Atlantic to offer language certifications including the TEF/TEFAQ, DELF/DALF and DELF Prim, and the DAEFLE
- Cultural activities for adults and children that present a comprehensive look at francophone cultural in the 21st century
- An extensive bilingual library with thousands of books, movies, CDs, magazines and other resources for both native speakers and French students.
- An outreach program to bring French language programs to the most underserved of DC public schools