Join the DowntownDC BID and DCBX as we spice up Hispanic Heritage Month at newly reopened Franklin Park! Salsa, Bachata & Diversify your way into the weekend starting Friday, October 1 – Friday, October 15 from 5:30 PM – 8:00 PM. From complimentary salsa lessons to live music and entertainment, come out and celebrate the rich Hispanic culture of DowntownDC and the District at large! View the full schedule of events below.
Hispanic Heritage Month Line-Up:
OCTOBER 1 – Live Latin Music Cultural Kick-Off!
- 5:30pm-6:15pm DJ Emerzive Spinning Latin Music
- 6:15pm-6:45pm Izis La Enfermera De La Salsa 1st Set
- 6:45pm-7:15pm DJ Emerziver Spinning Latin Music
- 7:15pm-8:00pm Izis La Enfermera De La Salsa 2nd Set
OCOTBER 8 – Salsa, Mambo, Cha Cha Experience
- DCBX Founders Lee “El Gringuito” & Kat “La Gata”
- One of the top Mambo Teams in the World Zafire Dance Company out of NYC!
- 5:30pm-6:00pm DJ Gringuito Spinning Salsa, Mambo & Cha Cha
- 6:00pm-6:30pm Beginner Salsa Lesson & Salsa History with Gringuito & Gata
- 6:30pm-7:00pm Intermediate Salsa Lesson with Zafire Dance Company NYC
- 7:00pm-8:00pm DJ Griinguito Spinning Salsa, Mambo & Cha Cha
Special performance from Zafire Dance Company!
OCTOBER 15 – Bachata, Merengue Experience
- Irving & Martha, one of DC’s top Bachata couples and 3x World Champions
- 5:30pm-6:00pm DJ Spinning Merengue, Bachata & Dembow
- 6:00pm-6:30pm Merengue Lesson & History with 3x Bachata Champions Martha & Irving
- 6:30pm-7:00pm Bachata Lesson & History with 3x Bachata Champions Martha & Irving
- 7:00pm-8:00pm DJ Spinning Merengue, Bachata & Dembow