New Capital Bikeshare Survey Reports
Curious to know how bicyclists are using Capital Bikeshare (CaBi), and the impact the popular bikesharing program is having on their health? Check out two reports: the 2013 Capital Bikeshare Member Survey Report and Health Implications of the Capital Bikeshare Program. Both analyze two surveys administered last fall, with input from more than 6,800 respondents.
Among the highlights:
- $800 is the average, annual amount CaBi members save on travel
- 80 percent of respondents said they’re more likely to patronize a bikeshare accessible establishment
- 50 percent said they drive a car less often since joining CaBi
- 31.5 percent reported reduced stress as a result of using CaBi
- 20.6 percent reported increased aerobic capacity
For more information, the full reports are available on the CaBi website.
CaBi is a partnership between the District Department of Transportation (DDOT), Arlington County and Alexandria. It offers access to more than 1,800 bicycles located at more than 200 stations across D.C. and Arlington and Alexandria, Virginia.