DowntownDC Celebrates the National Cherry Blossom Festival
By Roquois Clarke
The National Cherry Blossom Festival is almost here, and DowntownDC is excited to host many of this year's favorite festival events!
The 2017 festival runs this year from March 15-April 16.
To kick things off, the festival will host its annual Pink Tie Party fundraiser in DowntownDC at the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center. It's one of the festival's best can't-miss pink carpet events!
The festival also features the National Cherry Blossom Festival Parade® presented by Events DC.
The DowntownDC Business Improvement District (BID) has been a sponsor of the parade since its inception, which this year will include the BID's Safety/Hospitality and Maintenance (SAM) ambassadors and a fun, surprise helium balloon. Each year, the parade features colorful unique floats, giant helium balloons, marching bands and celebrity performers and dancers.
This year's festival is packed with events across the city, including the Pink Tie Party, the parade the following exciting happenings in our own backyard:
- Pink Tie Party: March 16 at the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center
- CineMatsuri 2017 the first ever DC Japanese film festival: March 19-23 at E Street Cinema
- Art at the Center: March 22 at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center
- The official Opening Ceremony, featuring spirited traditional and contemporary performances: March 25 at the historic Warner Theatre
- The family-friendly Cherry Blossom Celebration: March 25 at the Smithsonian American Art Museum
- Blossom Kite Festival: April 1 on the National Mall
- Rose Romp: April 1 at the Willard InterContinental Hotel
- Newseum Nights: In Bloom: April 7 at the Newseum
- The National Cherry Blossom Festival Parade® presented by Events DC: April 8 on Constitution Ave.
- Family Afternoon: Design with Nature: April 8 at the National Building Museum
Excited to see the blossoms? The National Park Service recently predicted that peak bloom will take place March 14-17, subject to change.
DowntownDC is the place to be this spring for all the festival events and So Much More.
For complete and updated information on National Cherry Blossom Events happening across the city, visit http://www.nationalcherryblossomfestival.org/category/events.